[wmii] wmii on Windows

From: Ajeetpal Grewal <asgrewal_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 01:30:28 +0530

Hi,

I dont know if this is the right place to post this, so I apologize for any inconvenience.

I was wondering if a port of wmii to Windows exists (or is being developed). I am not talking about the cygwin port, I tried that and I found it rather slow. Also, it could only handle X11 windows and not the normal windows that could be open (like Notepad say). There are existing ports of blackbox (BB4Win), which are termed "shell replacements". However, I'm sold on the tiling window manager concept and in particular would like to see a true wmii port to windows. (I am not a windows fanatic, I love Linux, just that I have to use it at work).

Regards,
Ajeet.