Re: [wmii] Re: New snap

From: Martin Stubenschrott <stubenschrott_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 15:23:22 +0100

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 07:53:54PM -0500, Kris Maglione wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 01:45:38AM +0100, dabalance_AT_gmx.net wrote:
> >this is a great snap. i don't understand completely the new behaviour
> >(for example, with the grabboxes from an earlier snapshot it was
> >possible to move/replace the clients around in the columns, now i can only
> >move them into new ones), but i'm very happy to see wmii9menu with
> >which it seems that wmii becomes finally usable with mouse, too.
>
> It is possible to move clients around in columns, you just must move the
> mouse nearer to the top or bottom edge of a client. This will be
> improved significantly in the near future.

I have the same problem. When moving windows within colum, the XOR
rectangle indicates correctly what would happen, but the display of the
new column layout isn't updated UNTIL i switch to another tag and then
back. Only after doing this, I see the new column layout.

But all-in-all it's the best wmii snap, I have ever used. Especially, it
feels so fast again, it's a dream to use it.

--
Martin