Re: [wmii] 9ubuntu?

From: Uriel <uriel99_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:53:15 +0100

So you found out windows and lunix suck. Now tell me something I didn't know.

uriel

P.S.: Glendix (in my world domination plans renamed to "Plan L") has
been in the planning stages for years, I certainly don't think that
ubuntu is a good starting point for it. I have been toying with LFS,
but seems to be more trouble than it is worth it, I want to look into
GRML some time, maybe we should consider Mathieu's sourcemage... I'm
open to suggestions, but in the end the problem is that the whole
linux+gnu+X environment is *HUGE* and hideously complex.

One of my plans was to have a 'pure p9p' (or as close as possible to
it) distribution, and then using Linux's private namespaces and so on,
have something similar to APE for all the lunix junk. Still it would
probably would be quite a bit of work to setup and worse to maintain.
The advantage might be that you could 'run' debian or whatever inside
that 'ape' like sub-environment so we would not have to maintain
packages and shit.