Re: [wmii] resizing windows with MODKEY+right mouse

From: sqweek <sqweek_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 03:55:33 +0800

On 8/24/07, Geert Hendrickx <ghen_AT_telenet.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a minor annoyance with resizing windows using MODKEY + right mouse
> drag in recent versions of wmii (wmii-3.6rcX I think, is there a way to
> query what version I'm running?)

 wmii -v, nowadays (wmiiwm doesn't exist anymore)

 I can't say I really follow your explanation, but I have noticed some
oddities when resizing in recent versions. Specifically, if I have two
columns using 50% of the screen each, and instead I want like 90% in
the first column and 10% in the second I tend to grab a window in the
right hand column and drag it down to size. However, when I release
the mouse button the columns end up about 75%/25%.
 Seems to work fine if I enlarge the first column rather than
shrinking the second, or if I use the resize-triangle at the top of
the screen instead of MOD+right mouse, so looks like the issue is just
with resizes not originating from column one. Things get really weird
with a third column.