Re: [wmii] wmiirc snippet: tag comments

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 18:53:45 +0200

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 06:38:42PM +0200, Uriel wrote:
> P.S.: I must say I'm not sure I see the value of being able to display
> more than one tag at the same time.

I use it quite frequently, when running a test suite tagged with
2, which I want to follow from time to time without being
interrupted from editing a mail or file, so I just bring tag 2
into view in parallel with my current tag I work with, e.g. 1.
In dwm the focus doesn't leaves the window I concentrate on if I
toggle a tag to view.

One could achieve the same through tagging all those windows one
is interested in with a temporary tag instead, e.g. the next
free tag. But this leads to an additional interruption in the
workflow (you need to tag those windows additionally) and you
could interrupt your workflow when viewing such temporary tag,
because this might change the focus, at least in wmii). So I
prefer just viewing certain tags at a time.

Regards,