Re: [wmii] Updates to tip, please test!

From: Chris King <colanderman_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:25:11 -0400

On 10/2/07, Uriel <uriel99_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1) collapsed clients outside stacked mode don't always uncollapse when
> > they receive focus
>
> I'm not sure this is a bug, in non-stacked (or max) mode focus should
> not change size, so if things stay collapsed it is ok (I think).

My issue was more so that the behaviour is inconsistent, sometimes it
does and sometimes it doesn't.

> > 3) you should be able to create columns with the mouse (wasn't working
> > at the point I started on the code)
>
> I'm not sure how this would even work...

This is the behavior of the 20070516 snap... you can drag windows with
Mod+Left and drop them in between columns, or in between other windows
inside a column. This was also the source of the
"drag-below-statusbar" segfault.

> I would rather have a 'push
> to new col' command which could be triggered via the fs (from the
> keyboard, a button, a tagbar once they work properly, whatever).

Agreed.

> In any case, is this a showstopper?

I'd say let it wait for wmii-4. hg tip looks very stable and bugfree
right now... I would love to see it released.

> > 4) wmii's fullscreen (MOD+f) acts funny with some apps (qiv)
>
> I didn't even know we had this feature, is it really all that important/useful?

Indeed, it's not bound in wmiirc, only rc.wmii.

> > 6) grab boxes suck
>
> Indeed, but I probably would leave fixing them for wmii-4.

Agreed... personally, having played around with Plan 9 recently, I'd
love to see them become even more acme-like. Not sure how others feel
about this.

> So, IMHO for wmii-3.6 all that is left is fixing the app full screen
> issues, anyone has any strong disagreement (or new bugs to report?

One more small bug... Opera 9.5 seems to have trouble getting focus
unless I move the mouse over its title bar. It works fine under the
20070516 snap. Not a showstopper by any means though.

- Chris