Re: [wmii] pidgin notifications

From: Christian G. Warden <cwarden_AT_xerus.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 12:32:57 -0800

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 09:16:32PM +0100, Ivan F. Villanueva B. wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm currently using Pidgin (Gaim) as my IM client. When someone start a
> conversation (in Jabber) with me, a window show up on my active view. That's
> great. But if I change to another view and someone write on the opened
> conversation, how can i be notified?

Hi Iván,
I use the libnotify plugin to get notifications of new messages in the
current view, combined with the Message Notification plugin to set the
URGENT hint on my chat window, which causes wmii to put an asterisk next
to the tags containing the window. This way I can still see that there
are unread messages if the libnotify popup disappears before I see it,
such as when I'm away from the computer.

Christian