Re: [wmii] pidgin notifications

From: Rico Schiekel <wmii_AT_downgra.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 21:59:28 +0100

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 09:16:32PM +0100, Ivan F. Villanueva B. wrote:
> I'm currently using Pidgin (Gaim) as my IM client. When someone start a
> conversation (in Jabber) with me, a window show up on my active view. That's
> great. But if I change to another view and someone write on the opened
> conversation, how can i be notified?

http://www.google.com/search?q=Pidgin+osd&btnG=Search

do you mean something like this?

I use some similar approach with bitlbee + irssi on a remote machine, netcat
over an ssh tunnel and a little osd python script which reads from the
netcat. works well for me...

it should be easy to instead set some message in /rbar/...

regards,
rico

--
 "Die gefährlichste Weltanschauung ist die Weltanschauung derjenigen,
  die die Welt nicht angeschaut haben." (Alexander von Humboldt)