Re: [wmii] [ANN] New snap: wmii+ixp-20080123

From: Chris King <colanderman_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:08:44 -0500

On 1/24/08, Kris Maglione <jg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 11:30:22AM -0500, Chris King wrote:
> >On 1/23/08, Kris Maglione <jg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> >> Drag&Drop support (when you drag over a bar, you get that view)
> >
> >Beautiful! One nitpick though... dragging over the status menu
> >creates a new view called "status".
>
> It shouldn't. That generates a RightBarDND event, which wmiirc
> and rc.wmii ignore.

Hm, it seems to generate a LeftBarDND event for me ("LeftBarDND 1 status").

> >* The Rox panel only shows up in one view (unless you manually send it
> >to others). Is there a way to tell wmii to make it "sticky" (i.e.
> >place it in all views)?
>
> When regex tags are supported (soon), it will be possible.

Awesome!

> >* Not related to struts, but new rox windows seem to all start in
> >whichever view already has a rox window open. I'm guessing this is a
> >side-effect of some other new feature.
>
> They must specify a window group. I got tired of opening apps
> only to have new windows pop up on whatever view I'm working on.
> The rox command must tell a central process to launch a new
> window, and use the same group. I'll think about accommodating
> this with tag rules.

OK, I figured it was probably rox's fault (I'm all for new windows
popping up on the tags with their groups only).

> >* The chords don't work when starting from floating mode.
>
> They work for me...

Correction: they don't work for me when starting from floating mode
and using the modkey (using the grabbox they work fine).

> >Last but not least, I can't figure out how to get custom keybindings
> >(Action-overridekeys doesn't seem to work anymore), and running the
> >rc.wmii action (to load changes) both messes up windows and loses all
> >keybindings.
>
> It's not necessary anymore. Just define the functions. The only
> issue is that you can't unbind keys very easily.

Hm, defining the functions outside of Action-overridekeys doesn't seem
to work either. It's still "key $MODKEY-foo || fn $key { bar }",
right? It seems so in rc.wmii. The rest of my rc.wmii.local does
work, so I know it's getting executed.

Thanks,
Chris