Re: [wmii] wmiir : fatal: can't mount

From: Alpinweis <alpinweis_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 16:45:55 +0300

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Kris Maglione <jg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:

> On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 09:30:23PM +0300, A K wrote:
>
> > After that I only managed to make wmii run under the root acount.
 When trying to run wmii as normal user wmii would start and stop half
way - all I get is a dumb white screen. Forcing a return to console I
get the following error:

> I suspect that you created a /tmp/ns.$USER.$DISPLAY owned by root
the first time you ran wmii. Afterwards, wmii couldn't use it as an
unpriveleged user (nor would it, if it weren't owned by you; it should
have died with a different error, though).

> --
> Kris Maglione

 when running wmii as root, printenv reports:
 WMII_ADDRESS=unix!/tmp/ns.root.:0/wmii

 ls on /tmp reports:

 drwx------ 2 ak wheel 512 May 5 18:45 ns.ak.:0/ # normal account
 drwx------ 2 root wheel 512 May 6 15:19 ns.root.:0/

 I actually did not create anything myself.
 One thing to note - when I exit from the not working wmii under normal
 user, the 'can't mount' error message scrolls endlessley on the
 screen, I can't stop it...

 so what do I have to do now to run wmii as normal user?