Re: [wmii] wmiir : fatal: can't mount

From: Alpinweis <alpinweis_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 15:28:20 +0300

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 4:42 PM, A. K. <adrian.kazaku_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Kris Maglione <jg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 09:30:23PM +0300, A K wrote:
> >
> > > After that I only managed to make wmii run under the root acount. When trying to run wmii as normal user wmii would start and stop half way - all I get is a dumb white screen. Forcing a return to console I get the following error:
> > >

> > I suspect that you created a /tmp/ns.$USER.$DISPLAY owned by root the first time you ran wmii. Afterwards, wmii couldn't use it as an unpriveleged user (nor would it, if it weren't owned by you; it should have died with a different error, though).
> >
> > --
> > Kris Maglione

It seems I found the problem. I had a rc.wmii.local file in my
~/.wmii-3.5 directory. When I removed the file WMII managed to get
past the dumb white screen and ran fine. My question now is how can I
have a local rc.wmii and still be able to run WMII?

I also noticed that upon exit from WMII I still get the 'wmiir : fatal
: can't mount' error'. How serious is that?

One more issue: when I try using wmiir from inside WMII to try and
read /bar, /view, whatever I always get the error 'file not found'.
What is I am doing wrong?