Re: [wmii] Recent changes

From: Thomas Dahms <dahms_AT_itp.physik.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:07:39 +0200

Hi,

hg2398 works fine for me. I can even switch between clients on the
screens with the keyboard. Very nice. The only serious problem I have is
a spurious window border, I posted a bug report on the Google thing.

I think it would be sufficient if the bar was only present on one
screen, because the bar on the second screen would not give more
information. It would be nice to have something in /ctl which specifies
which screen the bar is on. wimenu can be on top of the other windows
when there is no bar, so no need for having wasted space. Just my thoughts.

As for the clients being lost when removing a screen: Couldn't you send
them all to the other screen when this happens? I know, everything gets
complicated when you have more than two screens. But a primary monitor
could be specified just like with the bar I wrote above.

When some commands for sending clients from one screen to another are
implemented, multi screen support would be pretty much complete for me.
Thanks for the nice features till now.

Thomas

--
Thomas Dahms
Institut fuer Theoretische Physik, TU Berlin