Re: [wmii] Recent changes

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:14:06 -0400

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 09:29:39AM -0400, Bart Trojanowski wrote:
>While I can see people want to use both screens for one task, personally
>I would love it if each screen could be bound to one tag (or rather a
>tag to a screen). That way I could leave mail & irc one one screen
>while I do work on the other one.

Again, I've thought about it, but it's incredibly complex to
implement, and I just haven't decided if it's worth it yet. For
windows with 2 tags, both showing, for instance, you can only
show one at a time. If you have floating windows, you have to
decide which screen owns them, where to position them when they
overlap, etc. The coding isn't so difficult, but the logic is.
As it stands, you can achieve what you want with regex tags, and
I'll see if I can make their window placement logic a bit more
powerful.

--
Kris Maglione
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns