Re: [wmii] libixp/fs.c: wstat?

From: sqweek <sqweek_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 04:04:01 +0900

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 03:23:04AM +0100, Michael Stapelberg wrote:
>>
>> However, I've noticed three problems:
>> 1) libixp does not check whether wstat is actually provided by the server.
>
> You're right, libixp should certainly not try to call methods that aren't
> implemented.

 Whoops, my bad :S
 Thanks for the patch. Responding with nil (ie, success) feels a bit
presumptuous at the library level though, I feel like that should be
left up to the file server. Still, considering that every open() on
unix [excepting O_APPEND] causes a truncate() and therefore TWstat,
maybe it does make sense to have some default behaviour. Risks
confusing the file server implementor though, have to think about
it...
-sqweek