Re: [wmii] misplaced windows

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 12:33:38 -0500

On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 04:59:12PM +0000, ml_AT_infosec.pl wrote:
> The problem is, that when firefox3* opens new window ("Save Image")
> after I choose to "Save Image As..." this window is badly placed.
> It is partially out of the screen (it's not wholly visible) therefore I
> can not immediately access some buttons in its lower right corner. Every
> time I have to manually move this window, place it more in the centre of
> the screen. Obviously it kills productivity and it's not how one would
> imagine working with wmii.
> Any ideas what causes the problem or how I can solve it?

wmii places floating windows wherever they ask to be placed.
Most apps ask for their transient windows to be centered within
their parents, which makes sense. Unfortunately, they don't take
into account whether or not that would place them off-screen, as
is often the case with stacked/collapsed windows. I've only ever
seen Firefox behave as such when it has a collapsed window at
the bottom of the screen.

--
Kris Maglione
When a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when