Re: [wmii] misplaced windows

From: <ml_AT_infosec.pl>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 18:18:45 +0000

Kris Maglione wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 04:59:12PM +0000, ml_AT_infosec.pl wrote:
>> The problem is, that when firefox3* opens new window ("Save Image")
>> after I choose to "Save Image As..." this window is badly placed.
>
> wmii places floating windows wherever they ask to be placed. Most apps
> ask for their transient windows to be centered within their parents,
> which makes sense. Unfortunately, they don't take into account whether
> or not that would place them off-screen, as is often the case with
> stacked/collapsed windows. I've only ever seen Firefox behave as such
> when it has a collapsed window at the bottom of the screen.

It happens both in default and stacked mode. Also there's no difference
if I've got one or couple windows on the screen.
The thing is that I was successfully using the same version of wmii
before and it was wonderfully placing windows in the center, everything
changed about a month ago after reinstalling my system and all apps from
scratch, unfortunately a lot of dependent applications have been updated
  as well so I can't really trace the culprit.

Michal

--
"Computers are like bikinis. They save people a lot of guesswork." -Sam
Ewing