Re: [wmii] misplaced windows

From: Peggy Wilkins <enlil65_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 12:59:36 -0600

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 10:59 AM, <ml_AT_infosec.pl> wrote:

> The problem is, that when firefox3* opens new window ("Save Image") after I
> choose to "Save Image As..." this window is badly placed.
> It is partially out of the screen (it's not wholly visible) therefore I can
> not immediately access some buttons in its lower right corner. Every time I
> have to manually move this window, place it more in the centre of the
> screen. Obviously it kills productivity and it's not how one would imagine
> working with wmii.
> Any ideas what causes the problem or how I can solve it?
>
> I'm using wmii-3.6 on FreeBSD 7.1 with all related applications in
> up-to-date ports versions.

FWIW I have the same issue running wmii-3.6 on Arch Linux. I am too
lazy to install anything outside the official pacman repositories, and
3.6 is what it has. I work around the issue by making the transient
window Fullscreen (e.g. $Modkey-f) whenever it comes up. That at
least is easier than manually placing the window.

plw