Re: [wmii] misplaced windows

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 13:38:52 -0500

On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 06:29:08PM +0000, ml_AT_infosec.pl wrote:
> I know that I can mock about with tree but then (I'm affraid, haven't
> really tough about this yet) updating all apps is not going to be fully
> automated and flawless, I'm whinking dependencies and such.
> If you alredy went through creating new port on your machine maybe you
> will be interested in adding it to the official ports tree?

wmii has no run-time dependencies other than X libraries and
libc, and they shouldn't change very often. But FreeBSD
upgrading is anything but fully automated and flawless, even if
you use portupgrade/portmanager. As for having it in the
official tree, it's not easy to get development ports into the
tree.

--
Kris Maglione
You can't trust code that you did not totally create yourself.