Re: [wmii] gnome-do multi tagged

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 16:08:47 -0400

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 08:42:54PM +0200, Stefan Pampel wrote:
>Starting gnome-do via Mod-p let the box only appear on the screen I
>started the app. I read here [2] about get apps sticky (to appear on all
>screens? ) , but it's hard to track, because the small window only
>appears for typing in commands. How can I apply such as tag in wmiirc
>mentioned in [2]?

Well, if you want to do it automatically, there are a few
possibilities. The first is to find the window's class name and
add a tag rule. It might be a bit tricky in this case, but I'd
do something like opening a terminal, and running:

     sleep 4; xprop | grep CLASS

then running gnome-do, waiting for the crosshairs, and clicking it.
If the result were (say):

     WM_CLASS(STRING) = "gnome-do", "Gnome-Do"

you'd add this to your /tagrules (from your wmiirc):

     /^gnome-do:Gnome-Do/ -> /./

(see wmii(1) for more info).

The alternative is to try wihack (which needs a man page) as such:

     wihack -tags /./ gnome-do

But, as the name suggests, it's a hack, so it might not work.

I think maybe for the next release, I'll write a script to automate
such things. It seems so complicated to describe.

--
Kris Maglione
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned