Re: [wmii] gnome-do multi tagged

From: Stefan Pampel <spamtest-eir1beucei_AT_asp4.polyformal.de>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 17:25:03 +0200

Hello Kris,

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 04:08:47PM -0400, Kris Maglione wrote:
> Well, if you want to do it automatically, there are a few possibilities.
> The first is to find the window's class name and add a tag rule. It might
> be a bit tricky in this case, but I'd do something like opening a
> terminal, and running:
>
> sleep 4; xprop | grep CLASS
>
> then running gnome-do, waiting for the crosshairs, and clicking it. If
> the result were (say):
>
> WM_CLASS(STRING) = "gnome-do", "Gnome-Do"
ok, i got a "Do", "Do"

> you'd add this to your /tagrules (from your wmiirc):
>
> /^gnome-do:Gnome-Do/ -> /./

adding
^/Do:Do/ -> /./

to my wmiirc, checked the rule is in /tagrules. But then launching
gnome-do gives a white small window (size like 'regular' gnome-do
box) , less then a second and takes the whole x Session down. Not so
suckless yet ;)

Also tested with an other app, also tested on an other system Debian
Lenny too, with wmii-hg.

best regards

Stefan

--