Re: [dev] dwm only?

From: Thomas Gallen <kaori.hinata_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 12:29:12 -0400

I don't necessarily agree with Uriel's solution but your tone is no less
rude and point no more correct. The wmii mailing list was a mailing list
for wmii, the dwm mailing list was a mailing list for dwm, NEITHER of
them were the Slashdot RSS feed. Regardless of how "interesting" you
thought the topics were (and I admit I liked a few of them). Placing
them on either of those lists is unnecessary and disruptiive and I think
we need a separate mailing list for topics like those.

Ever since the list merger the sheer amount of flaming, elitism and
arguments has increased exponentially and it's disgusting to have to
watch. Your line on wmii and dwm being the latest example. wmii and dwm
very obviously cater to different people so arguing about it is a stupid
thing to do and yet you voluntarily did just that. You make your views
abundantly clear so why don't you voice your concerns to the people in
charge instead of taking it out on other people?

If you want to start a topic regarding splitting the lists again (or
labelling them differently) I would gladly participate as that seems to
be a topic on which we both agree.

Thomas