Re: [dev] dwm: bug in fullscreen mode (SDL?)

From: Eckehard Berns <ecki-suckless_AT_ecki.to>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 13:31:38 +0100

> i found bug in dwm-{5.9,6.0} version (and early too)
> when open one of some application fullscreened - eg zsnes, dosbox,
> vbam - in any layout mode screen blacking and nothing work.

I think I have seen something similar when starting ioquake3. At least
with ioquake3 I think the problem is that the software switches the
resolution. Dwm already checks for fullscreen apps with the current
screen size but might miss the apps that switch screen resolution.

I haven't looked into this. My workaround is that I start ioquake3 on a
new display (e.g. something like "startx `which ioquake3` -- :1").

--
Eckehard Berns