Re: [dev] interested in issue tracker dev

From: Stephen Paul Weber <singpolyma_AT_singpolyma.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 14:07:09 +0000

Somebody claiming to be Anselm R Garbe wrote:
>On 12 January 2012 19:06, Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>The reason I suggest to base the bug tracker "view" on a mail
>archiving tool is simply because this problem hasn't been solved in an
>acceptable way either (and we'd need a better system anyways).

Yes, this is a good problem to solve for many reasons.

>The logic aspect of the bug tracker should be controlled by mail
>addresses only (I don't like the mail header approach, just make it
>absolutely simple and work on mail addresses)

While I agree that adding custom headers is likely to be a pain and make
users come up with hacks, some headers are very well standardized. Most
notably In-Reply-To and Message-ID. IMHO, and "id" for the bug should be
the Message-ID of the original email, and any "comments" should be
In-Reply-To said email. That way you can just reply to a bug from your
email client and it works. Just like a mailing list :)

--
Stephen Paul Weber, _AT_singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted