Re: [dev] [DWM] Patch: stack mfact

From: Raphael Proust <raphlalou_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 13:21:42 +0000

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Jente Hidskes <jthidskes_AT_outlook.com> wrote:
> I meant that once we would resize clients too much (which causes the crash)
> we could simply 'hide' them 'underneath' the stack, like the deck layout
> does. Could you elaborate on the nstack approach? I'm not fully
> understanding where you're coming from.

The approach of hiding the clients that would cause the crash is a good idea.

The approach with nstack would be to have a variable somewhere that indicates
the maximal number of clients that can be shown in the stack area. Thus one
would set this limit in their conf.h (and possibly a couple of entries in
their key array to tweak the value) and when the number of clients in the
stack area grows over nstack, the additional ones would simply not be shown.
Like your deck approach but with a custom number of clients rather than just
one.

Cheers,
--
Raphaƫl Proust