Re: [dev] [st] will global-less changes be wanted upstream?

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 21:47:48 +0200

On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 14:30:19 -0500
Steven Degutis <sbdegutis_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> I just read this to my wife and she paraphrased your comment I think
> pretty accurately: "so, don't improve the world you're in, just live
> with it".

Your wife knows dick.

She assumes everyone is using OS X, which obviously is not the case.
This argumentum ad consequentiam was only valid if I had no choice
which OS to use.
Here at suckless, we've already made our choice. So please don't poison
us with this bullshit.

> Well I can't really accept that recommendation, since I would rather
> improve the world I'm living in than just leave it as-is.

The world you're living in is the walled garden of OS X.
It's your choice to either attempt to improve it, which is futile, or
enter a world in which improvement is possible in the first place.

With you accusing me of ignoring the problems in the world, you're a
rather dramatic person unable to solve his own problems.

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>