Re: [dev] [st] will global-less changes be wanted upstream?

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 22:11:34 +0200

> I am interested in a separation of terminal and windowing system logic
> for my wayland port[0] of st.

You did something like this in the past, didn't it?.

> That said, I don't really see how moving globals into a Term structure
> would help with this. I think you could accomplish this by moving any
> X-related code to an x.c, and then you could drop in a wayland.c or
> whatever.c, and have config.mk choose which one gets built into st.

Well, I think the problem is to do this work without complex interfaces
that convert the code in suck code. If such interfaces exit maye colud
be a good idea.

> I think it would also be beneficial because it is difficult (at least
> for me) to keep track of a single ~4k line c file.

I usually work in the terminal emulation part, and sometimes it is a
bit confusing mix the code of this part with the graphical part.
What do you think about this topic guys?

> [0]: https://github.com/michaelforney/st.git

You work is really good!, please continue with it!,

Regards,

--
Roberto E. Vargas Caballero