Re: [dev] [st] will global-less changes be wanted upstream?

From: Alexander Huemer <alexander.huemer_AT_xx.vu>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 00:25:49 +0200

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 09:47:48PM +0200, FRIGN wrote:
> The world you're living in is the walled garden of OS X.
> It's your choice to either attempt to improve it, which is futile, or
> enter a world in which improvement is possible in the first place.

I agree very much with this (generalized) idee, and other people do too.
See e.g. [1]. There is no excuse to use something like OSX on *purpose*.
There is no way to improve this ecosystem, it will never be free and
open. Porting a piece of wonderful software to such a platform only
helps to create an illusion of a nice system.

Kind regards,
-Alex

[1] http://www.fefe.de/nowindows/