Re: [dev] [RFC] Design of a vim like text editor

From: Dimitris Zervas <dzervas_AT_dzervas.gr>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 23:37:31 +0300

>I don't think so, try to edit something like this:
>
> コンニチハ
>
>or this:
>
> printf "Hello\0World" > TEST && sandy TEST
>
>or this (not recommended):
>
> seq 10000000 > TEST && sandy TEST
>
>Last time I looked the vim bindings weren't that powerful, for example
>text object are not supported? As an example something like this in a
>nested code block: c2i}
Lol, yes you're right. In every example I was like oops, that's a bug :P

> seq 10000000 > TEST && sandy TEST
what will happen? (can't test it right now)

So, you suggest we drop sandy?
I'm not telling it "in a bad way", but your project seems (from the comments, I haven't tried it yet) very promising and more worth coding than sandy.
Is that right? (question to sandy users too).
I want to code a text editor that is suckless and actually matters. If your implementation is better, we better code for your project.

Cheers! :)