Re: [dev] surf alternatives for Adblock Plus, Privacy Badger, Self-Destructing Cookies, BetterPrivacy

From: Ben Woolley <tautolog_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 13:45:30 -0800

Hi Greg,

Please review my work with surf on origin isolation to satisfy the
same-origin policy. It doesn't block ads, but it prevents tracking by
storing all cookies and cache per first-party origin website. The
latest patch also adds some noise to headers to interfere with browser
profiling.

It won't solve the problem of reducing ads, focusing on privacy. You
could probably use a hosts file or something to block most of the ads.

Original posting:
http://lists.suckless.org/dev/1501/25070.html

Updated patch:
http://lists.suckless.org/dev/1501/25194.html