Re: [dev] surf alternatives for Adblock Plus, Privacy Badger, Self-Destructing Cookies, BetterPrivacy

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 23:03:53 +0100

Ben Woolley wrote:
> It won't solve the problem of reducing ads, focusing on privacy. You could
> probably use a hosts file or something to block most of the ads.

Heyho,

Basic adblocking can easily be done with the /etc/hosts file[0]. However I also
plan to adapt the recent jumanji[1] adblock.[ch] files from their repositories
develop branch to be usable in surf. However I have no idea when I have the
time to get it done, so maybe someone of you guys is faster. ;)

--Markus

0: http://surf.suckless.org/files/adblock-hosts
1: https://git.pwmt.org/?p=jumanji.git;a=blob;f=adblock.h;h=a726d6bac9474f6a665883f878fa053ec0e86c1d;hb=refs/heads/develop