Re: [hackers] [slstatus] announcement

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 00:58:44 +0200

On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 00:09:39 +0200
Aaron Marcher <info_AT_nulltime.net> wrote:

Hey Aaron,

> Now to the actual content: I always wanted some statusbar in dwm. I
> started with some shell script as pointed out in the wiki but it grew
> and used a lot of resources. So I started to hack something in C.
> That project, which was initially forked by "dwmstatus" and only
> intended to be used by me grew and became something bigger. I started
> to write it, so that it can be easily used by other people. Multiple
> entries per function (e.g. multiple batteries) are supported and
> everything can be reordered and customized via a C header file
> (similar to other suckless programs).

this looks really cool! I think it is something that we've all been
looking for in some way. The dwm wiki has lots of code snippets on the
topic and a thin library that provides said functionality, but such a
tool really looks like a good general purpose solution.

> Currently I am working on porting it to BSD as it is only made for
> Linux at the moment.

I'm looking forward to see how the porting efforts work out.

Cheers

Laslo

--
Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>