Re: [dev] [patch] add Control-G and Control-D to dmenu

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 00:25:29 -0400

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 12:07:11PM +0100, Connor Lane Smith wrote:
>On 8 August 2010 09:22, Uriel <uriel_AT_berlinblue.org> wrote:
>> Both are emacsisms as far as I can tell, and of little use (specialy
>> given ^C already aborts).
>
>^D isn't an emacsism insofar as using it in bash when not at the end
>of the line works the same way. That said, I'm aware bash is a
>monster.

What does bash have to do with emacsisms? The default editing
mode in bash is Emacs mode. It has quite a large subset of Emacs
key bindings. If you intend to exclude ‘Emacsisms’, I assume you
must have some other standard of what constitutes one than ‘bash
doesn't do it’.

--
Kris Maglione
I did say something along the lines of "C makes it easy to shoot