Re: [dev] [wmii] wedged indication does not go away

From: Thomas Dahms <dahms_AT_ymail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:41:14 +0100

> As for the flag not going away, when does it happen?

It did not occur since then. You can consider it a very minor issue.
Please fix the more annoying ones first if you find the time. I am
thinking of issue 201 and of course the infamous issue 22. ;)

> There's a known bug
> where the wedged indication appears for all clients, due to the timer
> that pings the clients dieing, but it happens so rarely that I always
> forget to fix it.

I had some emacs, evince, and xterm clients. Only the xterms were not
indicated as wedged.

> If it only happens for a select few clients which aren't actually
> unresponsive then it's hard to say and the most likely explanation is
> that they advertise that they'll respond to pings but for some reason
> don't. However, I don't think I've seen this happen.

Looks like you can't do anything in this case anyway.

--
Thomas Dahms