Re: [dev] [wmii] wedged indication does not go away

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:28:36 -0500

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 12:41:14PM +0100, Thomas Dahms wrote:
>> As for the flag not going away, when does it happen?
>
> It did not occur since then. You can consider it a very minor issue.
> Please fix the more annoying ones first if you find the time. I am
> thinking of issue 201 and of course the infamous issue 22. ;)

Well, colrules are in for a revamp, possibly sometime this
month. As for #22, to be honest, it's never bothered me. I
wasn't aware that it was "infamous".

>> There's a known bug
>> where the wedged indication appears for all clients, due to the timer
>> that pings the clients dieing, but it happens so rarely that I always
>> forget to fix it.
>
> I had some emacs, evince, and xterm clients. Only the xterms were not
> indicated as wedged.

Ah, that makes sense. xterms don't advertise that they respond
to pings, so they would never show the wedged indication. This
is indeed the same bug.

--
Kris Maglione
I had a running compiler and nobody would touch it.  They told me