Re: [dev] which minimal os

From: Džen <yvldwt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 18:39:00 +0100

I agree that nearly all package managers for linux distributions suck.
It's true that quite a lot of time is needed to understand portage. However,
portage is far more sophisticated than a lot of other package management
systems used by linux distributions. Still there is a lot which could be
simplified in gentoo and of course portage isn't minimal/suck-less software.
Nevertheless portage makes a lot of things easier (especially for a
source-based distribution) and after all I have learned a lot (non-gentoo
related stuff) by using gentoo -- it's not just about running emerge and
watching stuff getting compiled.

For now and the near future, gentoo will stay my linux distribution of
choice (as it was in the past few years).

--
Džen