Re: [dev] which minimal os

From: <crap_AT_wzff.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 00:33:03 +0100

Excerpts from Claudiu Bucur's message of Fri Feb 11 22:35:31 +0100 2011:
> gentoo is as minimal as you can get or as complex as you want. you compile
> everything locally, with the help of the portage repository (even the
> kernel). it has been my closest experience to what i imagine "linux from
> scratch" would be like.
>
> also, the gentoo boards are the most active i have seen.

*WHY* does every gentoo user say these very same things about gentoo? Do you
copypaste this text from somewhere in the gentoo boards?
If all talk on the gentoo boards consists of people copypasting this
boilerplate^Wtext, and that's what you believe is so great about gentoo, I
never want to try gentoo ever in my life.