Re: [dev] [wmii] wedged indication does not go away

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 05:50:24 -0500

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 01:25:53PM +0100, Thomas Dahms wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some of my windows (namely Emacs and Evince) are suddenly marked
> "(wedged)". There was no obvious reason, the clients were responsive all
> the time. I would not bother, but the indications do not go away. New
> Emacs client windows from the same server instance do not have the
> indication.
> I don't really understand what is done here (changeset
> 2697:fe8a99d89597). If these clients were really unresponsive, shouldn't
> this trigger the Unresponsive event in wmiirc and thus bring up an
> xmessage?

The Unresponsive event only happens when you try to manually
delete the client.

As for the flag not going away, when does it happen? There's a
known bug where the wedged indication appears for all clients,
due to the timer that pings the clients dieing, but it happens
so rarely that I always forget to fix it.

If it only happens for a select few clients which aren't
actually unresponsive then it's hard to say and the most likely
explanation is that they advertise that they'll respond to pings
but for some reason don't. However, I don't think I've seen this
happen.

--
Kris Maglione
When in doubt, use brute force.