Re: [dev] wswsh: a mksh web framework

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 10:20:59 +0000

> > Did you really just say that every file should just be abstracted as a
> > directory... how much of that web 2.0 Kool-Aid did you drink?
>
> Is there an easier way to encourage clean URLs?
>
> Without resorting to crazy rewrites?

'Options +Multiviews' in .htaccess works a charm. Making a directory
for every page is not what timbl meant when he recommended URLs that
don't expose the technology they're using (which could change).

> Why bother? The troves of people who cried at Google Reader shutting
> down would say otherwise. RSS is "dying" because companies like
> Google, Facebook, Twitter want to *own* the flow of information, and
> they can't do that when the world uses open plumbing. This is BS.

Well said, Andrew, thanks.

I still don't really understand what people are doing that requires
~200 lines of shell. I haven't looked at the OP's code, but for
completeness I'm attaching the Makefile I use for a website, which I
happen to like.

Nick