Re: [dev] l9fb: Linux framebuffer over 9p server

From: yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 16:23:30 +0100

On 26 December 2013 12:59, Jens Staal <staal1978_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it be possible to hook up the "devwsys" to this?

I don't understand what you want to "hook up". devwsys gives you a 9P
connection to a rio(1)-like window system on top of Xlib. It lets you
to use an X window as a Plan 9 terminal. l9fb, as far as I understood,
gives you a 9P connection to a Linux framebuffer.

It would be nice to have a fb version of libdraw, then we could use
devwsys without X. This is probably not so difficult, something that
could be done in the framework of a GSoC project, for example. You
could maybe build such a thing on top of l9fb, but I don't think this
would be such an improvement over directly using the fb device.

Regards,

--
- yiyus || JGL .