Re: [dev] [dwm] 6.1 release

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 09:15:20 +0100

On 7 December 2015 at 16:51, Jakub Lach <jakub_lach_AT_mailplus.pl> wrote:
> What I'm trying to say, is that 6.1 is a little more
> POLA violating, than dwm releases used to be.

I understand your concerns and have a similar feeling that Xft brought
in some tumors into our software.

However the idea behind libdrw is to also have a plain Xfont based
implementation as fallback option. Right now drw.{c,h} targets Xft for
the general reason that old xfonts have become out of fashion. But our
old Xfont based code was very clean and I will make sure to have a
backwards-compliant drw implementation as well during Christmas break.

Thanks for your concerns and best regards,
Anselm