Re: [dev] announcing edit-pipe

From: isabella parakiss <izaberina_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 19:18:50 +0200

On 8/27/17, Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu> wrote:
> Hello everyone. Someone asked a little while ago about a suckless pager
> and I mentioned using vipe of moreutils to use your favorite editor as a
> pager. I noticed that when I was using vipe it was using several
> megabytes (it is written in Perl) so I wrote a program in Bourne shell
> that is much smaller in RAM usage. It has the -v (view only) option to
> not produce any output so it can truly be used as a pager. It can be
> found at https://github.com/GReagle/edit-pipe/blob/master/edit-pipe. I
> would love any feedback about making it better, more correct, more
> portable, etc. Thanks for your attention.

why don't you open the fucking vipe script and read it?
it's short and readable

guess what it does:
- it dumps the input to a temp file
- sets up redirections to /dev/tty
- runs an editor on that temp file
- prints it out
- unlink the temp file

YOU WROTE THE EXACT SAME THING
you literally have ZERO control over the amount of memory you use

i don't even understand if this is supposed to be a joke or what
kys