Re: [dev] less(1) replacement?

From: Alex Pilon <alp_AT_alexpilon.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 13:29:38 -0400

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 10:10:32AM +0000, sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com wrote:
> C syntax is already *WAY* too rich. Many of the linux kernel coding
> guidelines are actually a sort of an emphase of this point. […] to be
> polite some things are "not recommended": […] I go a bit farther: no
> enum either

Why not? Sure, it's not real type safety, but it's an annotation that
the compiler can use to warn you about missing or undefined behaviour.

And I didn't mean typedef enum whatever, just plain old:

    enum foo { bar, baz };

or

    enum { bar, baz } f;

It's not just syntactic sugar; far from it.

> And for namespaces (very usefull for static libs), the cpp is far from
> enough.

So you want real namespaces rather than function prefixes or suffixes as
tends to be the game? Or do you mean something else entirely?

Regards,

Alex Pilon