Re: [dev] Replace ranlib(1) calls?

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 11:21:19 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 12:59:23AM +0200, Laslo Hunhold wrote:
> Granted, it's one thing what a standard defines and another what is
> actually used in everyday life, but calling a standard-defined option
> as _less_ portable than an undefined historical artifact is a stretch.

-std=c99 is not part of any standard and our Makefiles are full of them.
as(1), ld(1), and cc(1) are not part of POSIX and we keep using them.
Again, Please stop doing this kind of patches and center in changes
that actually improve code. If we find a system where using ranli is
a problem then we can revisit this.

Roberto,