[dwm] Can dwm ignore tray utilities out of the box?

From: Thayer Williams <thayerw_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 21:58:23 -0700

Alright, so here goes my silly newb post #1...

Is it possible to run a tray utility, such as trayer or stalonetray,
and have dwm ignore it completely? I've tried various tray settings
and I also found what I thought was a relevant snippet from a recent
(v5.2) config.h. It mentioned an extended set of Rules, which I
adopted for trayer:

    /* class instance title tags mask
isfloating isignored isontop*/
        { "trayer", NULL, NULL, 0, True,
        True, True },

But this doesn't have the expected effect so I maybe wrong about its intention.

My main goal is to make it so that trays are not selectable as a
client--I'd also like the keep the tray on top of the statusbar at all
times.