Re: [dwm] Slightly OT: Looking for decent graphics card

From: Preben Randhol <randhol_AT_pvv.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 20:26:51 +0200

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:58:06 +0200
Tube <tube_AT_count0.net> wrote:

> Sorry for being a little bit off-topic but I think you're the people
> who might have the clue. I'm looking for a good 2D graphics card from
> a manufacturer that supports linux drivers that work. I used Matrox
> all the years but the provided drivers don't run anymore with the
> latest version of xorg.
>
> Any suggestion for a good power saving card?

What kind of system are we talking about? Sounds you want something for
an old computer?

For new cards I would recommend ATI HD4870 4850 but I guess they are
too power hungry. 4830 seems nice and cheap look here:
http://lwn.net/Articles/326405/

Otherwise read Phoronix.com they do lot of tests for linux
compatibility and have forums where you can ask for help.

HTH