[news] morc_menu for i3wm (and others) using dmenu (or others)

From: Boruch Baum <boruch_baum_AT_gmx.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 20:49:15 -0400

A while back, there was some discussion on the Manjaro forums about the
desirability of having some form of dmenu that would present
applications the way many window managers do, organized by category. So,
I wrote it. It's VERY customizable, is not dependent on any window
manager, and you can even easily swap out its use of dmenu for some
other presenter, such as rofi or (shudder) zenity.

project page: https://github.com/Boruch-Baum/morc_menu

manjaro forum announcement:
https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=32073.0

The entire 'project' is just a single script file, a single
text-formatted configuration file, a man page, and some trivial
instructions.

I welcome all feedback. Fromm the feedback at Manjaro, it looks like
I'll use this project as my first try at packaging for Arch/Manjaro. If
anyone wants to package it for some other distro or environment, be in
touch so I can link to your work, and get the pleasure of knowing the
code is being useful.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0