[wmii] Whither wmi?

From: Karl Guertin <grayrest_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:42:02 -0400

I've been using wmi for about a year on my laptop and loved the window
manager. I recently switched jobs and picked up a new debian desktop
in the process. Since I couldn't find any wmi-10 .deb files, I
installed wmii-2.

It makes me crazy. I strongly dislike every interaction design
decision made in the wmi-10 to wmii-2 transition. I can, upon request,
provide a detailed list of greviances, but I suspect it will stir up a
lot of trouble for no reason.

Is it possible to make wmii-2 (or the upcoming -3) behave like wmi-10?
I know one of the motivations for the rewrite is to make the system
more flexible, so I figured it's worth a shot. If that isn't possible,
can anybody provide an old .deb file for wmi-10?