Re: [wmii] summary of some #wmii talk on 2006-03-02

From: Doug Bell <dougb_AT_bellz.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 07:08:23 -0500

Christian Simonutti wrote:
> I thought, wmii is dynamic. This statements don't form a dynamic
> windowmanager.
>
> Empty columns? Manually create/remove?

I agree with Simon. Manual coulmns would make wmii into a wm that is
dynamic in the vertical direction only :(

When I close an application, I want the other apps to make use of the
freed up space automatically.

I much prefer an "exclusive" flag that prevents new apps from using an
existing column. IMHO, the only reasonable objection is the desire to
maintain column widths, but that can be handled with keyboard shortcuts
to grow or shrink by a user-configured increment.

Doug.