Re: [wmii] snap: 20060307

From: Doug Bell <dougb_AT_bellz.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 13:49:42 -0500

Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> Pressing $MODKEY-2 for instance will replace the existing tag of
> the selected client with "2". If the currently constructed
> workspace does not match "2", the client will be hidden. If you
> want to see all clients which are tagged with "2" you press
> $MODKEY-Shift-2. Same applies for all other $MODKEY-Shift-[1..9]
> shortcuts.

This sounds good - I can't wait to try it!

But I want to make a suggestion before everyone becomes to accustomed to
these key presses. I think it would make more sense to swap things
around, using $MODKEY-2 for switching to a workspace and $MODKEY-Shift-2
for tagging a client.

The reason is that changing workspaces should be a more common activity
than moving a client around. At least I'm assuming this is true for
others as well. Once I get a set of clients up and running where I want
them, I'm switching between existing clients and workspaces much more
frequently than changing the setup.

And pressing $MODKEY and a number is easier than also pressing shift,
especially with one hand.

Thanks!
Doug.