Re: [wmii] feature suggestion/is this feature available yet?

From: Jani H. Lahtinen <jani.h.lahtinen_AT_nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:01:01 +0200

ext Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

>Actually this was not intented as insult or something. It simply
>gives an idea of achieving good software quality after some
>time. Often people request features which could easily replace
>existing features (like tags replace not only pages/workspaces,
>they even make attach/detach/sendtopage totally deprecated,
>apart from the 'detached clients layer' and the 'pager') - the
>introduction of tags is a good sample how you can making
>software more powerful due removing features.

In case where features overlap, or when a new feature would be a simple
extension of existing ones, that is a good principle.

>(I recently declined(!) several patches
>implementing icon support for the bar and in general for
>liblitz).

I personally don't want any unnecessary graphics, but some might. Would
it be a good idea to have some place for storing such patches for those
who might want them (and leaving it for them to get them actually
compile)? ... or then not.

Jani